Last Updated: November 7, 2017
What is Personal Information
Muse Sleep defines personal information as information that permits the identity of an individual to whom the information applies to be reasonably ascertained. This can be almost any information, including your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information, bank account information or phone number that is associated with an identifiable, living person.
We Are Committed to Safeguarding Customer Information
How Information is Collected
- Personal Information is collected by Muse Sleep when you choose to provide it to us by selecting the option to Create an Account. When creating an account, you will voluntarily provide us with certain Personal Information, such as your user name and password. Our Site does not require you to register your information by creating an account.
- Upon making a purchase of a Muse Sleep product using the Site, you have the option of checking out as a guest or logging into an account. Whether you make a purchase as a guest or through your account, you are providing us with Personal Information, such as your name, email address, phone number and shipping address.
- When submitting a payment to the Site, you may need to provide Personal Information to our third-party payment processor, such as your credit card number.
- When submitting a question or concern through the contact form on our Site, chatting with us through our Site or contacting us via email, we may collect Personal Information and keep a record of the conversation.
- If you subscribe to our newsletter or attend an event where we are present, we may also collect Personal Information.
- Personal Information is collected on this Site when you submit information to the Site. An example would be if you post a review of a Muse Sleep product on our Site.
- On occasion, we may invite you to participate in an online survey. If you choose to participate, you may be contacted to provide details that may include Personal Information.
Types of Information Collected
Depending upon which of our services you are utilizing, the types of nonpublic personal information that we may collect include:
- Your name, mailing address, email address, contact preferences, and credit card and other financial information
- Username and password if you've created a Muse Sleep account
- The Internet domain and IP address from which you access our portal
- The date and time you access our site
- The pages you visit on our site
- If you linked to this website from another website, the address of that website
- The IP addresses, which are numbers automatically assigned to a computer when using the Internet
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the site
- The search terms used to get to the website, in addition to search terms used in the site’s search engine
- The dates and time you access the site
- How often you visit the site
- The links made to other websites through this site
How Muse Sleep May Disclose Your Information
On our Site, we partner with vendors and service providers who may need your Personal Information to fulfill your order or improve your customer service experience. We authorize our vendors to use your Personal Information when necessary to fulfill these obligations. The range of services our vendors provide include:
- Customer research
- Account registration
- Marketing communications
- Fulfilling email subscription services
- Processing payments
- Identity and fraud protection
- Delivering packages and communicating shipping details
- If you submit a review, your post may be visible on our Site. Visitors to our Site may read your review and see information about you that you provide, like your name. Muse Sleep is not responsible for the privacy practices of those who view your posted information
- When required by law, your post may disclose your Personal Information if it is deemed necessary to comply with law enforcement and authorities.
- In addition to the conditions outlined above, this site may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission.
Confidentiality and Security
For website security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Use of this site constitutes consent to such monitoring. Unauthorized attempts to upload information and/or change information on this website are strictly prohibited and subject to legal action to include the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986.
Muse Sleep is committed to the protection of children’s online privacy. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) governs information gathered online from or about children under the age of 13. Muse Sleep will not knowingly collect, use or disclose Personal Information from children under the age of 13 unless verifiable parental consent is provided.
In the event that Muse Sleep learns that Personal Information has been collected on a child under the age of 13, Muse Sleep will provide a reasonable means for the parent to review the Personal Information inadvertently collected from the child and take the necessary steps to delete that information as quickly as possible.
If you believe that Personal Information has been communicated to us by your child or someone under the age of 13 please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you e-mail us and include Personal Information, we may use that information in responding to your request. E-mail is not necessarily secure or confidential. Send only the information that is necessary for us to answer your question or process your request.
Access to Personal Information/Requests for Correction, Amendment, or Deletion of Personal Information
As required by applicable law, we will afford you the right to access your Personal Information, under certain circumstances to find out to whom your Personal Information has been disclosed, and request correction or deletion of your Personal Information. However, Muse Sleep’s current policy is to maintain customers’ Personal Information for at least seven years for the purpose of handling future coverage claims. The communication between you and us regarding this request may be recorded as part of our standard operating procedures and for legal obligations.
For your protection, all requests made under this section must be in writing and must include your notarized signature to establish your identity. Where permitted by law, we may charge a reasonable fee to cover the costs incurred in responding to such requests. Please send requests to:
Muse Sleep, Inc.
2923 South Tryon Street, Suite 140
Charlotte, NC 28203
You may opt out of email communications by using the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email.
Links to Other Sites
All information provided in this Site is believed to be accurate and reliable; however Muse Sleep assumes no responsibility for the use of this information.