June 06, 2019
5 Reasons Why You Should Sleep in an Uncluttered Room
- Clutter creates so much stress on our brains, distracting us from sleep. The messier your bedroom, the more anxiety you're inviting into your sleep routine.
- Making your bed actually helps you to sleep better! The science might be shaky, but in sleep studies, most participants report sleeping more soundly and falling asleep faster when they get into a made bed.
- Waking up in a clean room is going to help you start your day peacefully. If you get out of bed and step straight into chaos, you’re not setting a great tone for the day. On the other hand, if you rise in an environment where everything is tidy and in it’s place, you are much more likely to be in a relaxed mood for the day!
- Vacuuming, dusting and cleaning ensure that your space is free of dust and allergens that may not only make you sick, but also keep you from your most relaxing, restoring sleep.
- Sleep should be the only priority in your bedroom, not continually tidying or focusing on the mess. If your space is constantly messy, you may be distracted from sleep.