1. About an hour before you’re ready to go to sleep, turn off all blue light-emitting technology. Blue light keeps our bodies from producing the melatonin we need to get sleepy naturally.
2. Dim the other lights too! Turn off overhead bulbs and use low, warm lamplight.
3. Try a quick meditation or simply focus on your breathing for a little while. If you’re not a meditator, try 5 minutes of journaling. Either way, you’ll get all of your excess thoughts out before trying to turn your brain off for the night.
4. If you’re used to watching TV before falling asleep, try breaking out a book you’ve been wanting to read instead! Reading before bed will quiet your mind much more than watching a show or looking at your phone (both emitting blue light-emitting and will keep you up).
5. When it’s finally time to turn off the lights and go to sleep, use a white noise machine or a sound app, like Calm, to help you finally ease yourself into a relaxed sleep!
Science has shown us repeatedly that being a morning person is superior. Early risers tend to be more motivated, happ...Read More
Use the following tips and start sleeping better tonight! Use blackout curtains to create the darkest environment ...Read More
We all know the feeling... We get in bed, ready for a relaxing and restorative night of great sleep, and then the hou...Read More